Pages

Fear

Hell on earth is not a place but a state of mind!
Have you lived in fear, cowered when a hand is raised, felt empty and alone, or felt that your life has been stolen from you because anxiety and depression is nipping at your heals? Is your laughter gone? Has your spirit been broken, and the word hope is no longer in your vocabulary? I was once in that dark place of no return. My mind, body, heart and soul were broken into a million pieces, and the fear running through my veins were earth shattering. My brain was numb to all rational thinking and thoughts of suicide were like taking a common every day breath. The only thing that saved me was a moment of clarity to realize that I couldn't leave my young children behind with this person I was married to. My isolation and captivity was complete. I am still in counseling for PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) 3 years later, but I am finding out who I really am for the first time in my life. I am loving, smart, funny, and most of all I have learned that I am a good wife and a good mother after 21 years of hearing I wasn't good enough for anything. My life has been forever changed, and life is good. Challenges still arise, but with my new husband and my family always there for me with unconditional love and support I am
making it one day at a time.
My dream is that one day divorce courts will address mental, verbal and psychological (emotional) abuse as a prosecutable offense. The scars run deep and wide with all forms of abuse, just because you can't see them, doesn't mean they don't exist.Research is starting to show that mental abuse is longer lasting to its victims than physical abuse. I can now say I am a survivor!
Hope is something I never had, until my escape became a reality not a dream. Hope is now a wonderful word in my vocabulary, and fear is a thing of the past. My number one goal is to finish school with a PHD degree in Pyschology so that I can help women and men, who are still in that dark place of no return and to keep my children safe and showing them that they are loved. I want to show victims that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and a freedom of the soul they never thought possible. Abused women and men need to know that there is life after they go through hell on earth, a traumatic experience, that will forever change who they are and who they can be.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Characteristics Of A Controlling Person
Here's a list of common characteristics of a controlling person.....

.*Overemphasizes his/her importance
*Exaggerates to the extreme
*Greedy, only thinks of him/herself
*Lies extremely convincingly
*Projects an illusion of power that he/she does not have
*Lives in a world of distortion
*Switches from charm to killer instinct suddenly
*Prideful
*Presumptuous
*Pushy
*Defensive
*Inability to admit wrong
*Maniupulative
*Domineering
*Rebellious
*Stubborn
*Sows seeds of discord
*Hate (for those who question him/her)
*Uses fear and intimidation in order to cloud the minds of those they desire to control
*Uses threats to influence
*Needs to accomplish his/her will (at anyone's expense)
*Never takes any blame
*Brags excessively
*Criticizes others
*Preoccupied with self
*Bound with a fear of rejection
*Uses others (only to benefit him/herself)
*Possessive love (turns from sweet to sour if doesn't get his/her way)
*Vindictive and mean-spirited if doesn't get his/her way
*Continually collects ammunition to use in case he/she loses his/her grip on power
*Doesn't seem to have a conscience

What motivates controllers?

*They cannot stand to be wrong.
*They are motivated by insecurity.
*They have a need to feel power and authority, and they will do anything to achieve it.
*They have a need to be elevated, awarding themselves credit and titles.
*They feel they know more than anyone; therefore, they dominate converstations.
*They feel that no one can handle things as well as they can (not even God). Therefore, they take things into their own hands.
*Sometimes a controller becomes temporarily remorseful, but soon goes back to his/her controlling tactics. The learned behavior is deeply rooted, and the controller enjoys the taste of power.
*If you threaten their power and influence, they will seek to destroy you.

*This information is from the book "Confronting Jezebel, Discerning And Defeating The Spirit Of Control," by Steve Sampson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcomed. Let me here from you on your stories or information that can be added to my posts for more information.