Pages

Fear

Hell on earth is not a place but a state of mind!
Have you lived in fear, cowered when a hand is raised, felt empty and alone, or felt that your life has been stolen from you because anxiety and depression is nipping at your heals? Is your laughter gone? Has your spirit been broken, and the word hope is no longer in your vocabulary? I was once in that dark place of no return. My mind, body, heart and soul were broken into a million pieces, and the fear running through my veins were earth shattering. My brain was numb to all rational thinking and thoughts of suicide were like taking a common every day breath. The only thing that saved me was a moment of clarity to realize that I couldn't leave my young children behind with this person I was married to. My isolation and captivity was complete. I am still in counseling for PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) 3 years later, but I am finding out who I really am for the first time in my life. I am loving, smart, funny, and most of all I have learned that I am a good wife and a good mother after 21 years of hearing I wasn't good enough for anything. My life has been forever changed, and life is good. Challenges still arise, but with my new husband and my family always there for me with unconditional love and support I am
making it one day at a time.
My dream is that one day divorce courts will address mental, verbal and psychological (emotional) abuse as a prosecutable offense. The scars run deep and wide with all forms of abuse, just because you can't see them, doesn't mean they don't exist.Research is starting to show that mental abuse is longer lasting to its victims than physical abuse. I can now say I am a survivor!
Hope is something I never had, until my escape became a reality not a dream. Hope is now a wonderful word in my vocabulary, and fear is a thing of the past. My number one goal is to finish school with a PHD degree in Pyschology so that I can help women and men, who are still in that dark place of no return and to keep my children safe and showing them that they are loved. I want to show victims that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and a freedom of the soul they never thought possible. Abused women and men need to know that there is life after they go through hell on earth, a traumatic experience, that will forever change who they are and who they can be.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Ria's post of heart ache and pain


Ria Wall shared this post to Freedom gives Hope,

I know exactly what you are saying, and I feel your pain, and your personal glory. Stay Strong, understanding and forever loving to your beautiful children and one day you will feel strong again in your own heart and mind.  The scars will never go away, but it makes us a stronger person for what we have endured, and most of all it makes us SURVIVIORS!  Jill Griffin of Freedom Gives Hope.




When I walk around I see things so differently now. I see a woman with her husband/boyfriend and wonder is she fighting a war? Her own private war. Will she survive? If she does will she truly live again? Unfortunately even when we get out of the battlefield we still live it everyday. Alot of people don't get it. Domestic violence victims suffer from post traumatic stress disorder. DV org compares the life a DV victim lives is equal to the front lines of a battlefield. I can agree. My EXH was a solider on the front lines and says he feels he had it easier. His enemy was unknown to him, he knew they wanted him dead and he knew given any chance they would try to kill him. A DV victim never knows when it becomes deadly. We sleep with the enemy , we loved the enemy at some time if not still. We trust the enemy and are promised to be loved.We can't sleep without wondering if we will wake up with hands around our throats. A phone can become a weapon. Our love can be a weapon. Word that beat us down everyday, hair being pulled the punches and bruises, broken bones. We are prisoners of war with no escape well we feel no escape. I hear all the time , why doesn't she just leave him??? It makes my blood boil. Its not that easy. These men don't walk up and say hey I like you and punch us in the face. There is system they use. they win your trust they look for your weaknesses and exploit them. They charm and apologize. They slowly control. They use jealousy as an excuse. I just like you so much I can't help it. Family, kids and our own lives are threatened. One big one is I will convince the courts you are crazy and keep the kids. Help is there but its hard to admit you need it. On top of it they convince you its your fault.Cuts heal bruises fade but its the psyche that may never heal. We need a strong support system. We need to know someone will be there for us. When I finally got out my ex stalked me, tried to romance me and scare anyone who tried to help me. I felt so alone. I met my H a year after I left. We had some hard times , I flinched if he raised his voice, even if it was not at me. If we argued I would leave and curl up into a ball. I was very defensive at everything. If my ex actually came to get the girls I would get so sick because I was terrified. I have gone to counseling that has stopped alot of this but most of it will just take time. My instincts are alot sharper now, I get a vibe around men who are abusive. 98% of the time I am right. Its hard because I still will wake up in a sweat thinking someone is choking me or I hear those horrible things he said in my head. I have had anxiety attacts and I have had a time where I could not leave my house for months. I have moved on and I have forgiven him but I will never forget. I have my scars physically and mentally. I guess I am trying to say there is alot more to healing from domestic violence then just getting out and moving on. You know what I mean if you have been there. If you havn't and know someone who has be patient its not something you just get over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcomed. Let me here from you on your stories or information that can be added to my posts for more information.